Wednesday 5 March 2014

Happy 5th Wedding Anniversary 结婚5周年纪念-木婚

5.3.14 (Wed)
On 28.2.14, we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. This year, Hubby arranged a special celebration and I was really touched by all his surprises.

Early morning that day, Hubby surprised me with a big bouquet of flowers! He got me my favourite flower, Gerbera. He went to work around 9am+. (By then, there was no flowers yet). Then I think about 1hr later only I realised there was a bouquet of flowers on the table. I was shocked and called Hubby to thank him, and also to ask how did the flowers appeared on the table! He told me, it was Magic! (Apparently, he went to the florist in the morning, collected the flowers, returned back to the house, came in quietly and left the flowers on the table. Surprisingly, Ian didn't make any noise, else I would have noticed that Hubby came back!) This was also the 4th bouquet of flowers I received from Hubby. (1st - 2007 Valentines, 13 roses, 2nd - 2008 Valentines, 11 roses, 3rd - 2nd Wedding Anniversary, 12 roses)



Hubby liked this picture very much. He commented that I looked so beautiful, :)
Around 5pm+, I sent the kids to Hubby's sister's house. She has agreed to help babysit them while we went for our candle night dinner in Penang.

We left Kulim at 6pm+. Without the kids, both of us could chat "peacefully" in the car.

Me: So, where are we going?
Hubby: We are going to Equatorial Hotel, to this restaurant called The View!
Me: What are we having?
Hubby: What do you feel like having? Ala carte? Buffet?
(I couldn't make up my mind)
Hubby: Then, we shall have both! (smiling)

The traffic was a lil heavy on a Friday evening. It took us 1hr+ to reach Equatorial Hotel. Hubby had earlier made a reservation with the restaurant and requested for a nice table seating, which they did! We sat at the table, at the corner of the restaurant and could see the night view perfectly, especially the two Penang bridges! There was also a professional pianist in the restaurant, playing soothing songs and this made the whole ambience even more romantic!

Menu of the night - we could order one meal from the ala carte menu, and then enjoy the semi-buffet prepared by the restaurant. 

Brief intro on the restaurant - A fine dining restaurant that showcases classic French cuisine complemented with a panoramic view of the island's magnificent coastline. The View elevates each guest's dining experience to new heights. The semi-buffet menu offers guests the best of both worlds, with selections from the luxurious appetizer and sumptuous dessert buffet and choice of main course from the lunch or dinner a la carte menu.

I ordered the assorted seafood set and Hubby took the chicken served two way set. We also had sparkling water. (later we knew that it cost RM20/bottle..imported from Italy!) The ala carte menu came with soup of the day, bread and butter and appetiser.


While waiting for our food, we went to the buffet section and I was excited to see fresh oysters! (haven't been eating fresh oyster for quite a long time) The semi-buffet menu was quite interesting, mainly more to dessert and salads..Hubby liked the fresh prawns very much!



Here came our main course.


After the dinner, it's time to open my presents, prepared by Hubby. There were altogether 3 surprises. First one, was a 2 pages of love letter written by Hubby (I think the last love letter I received from him was before our marriage). He started off with how we knew each other 7 yrs ago, then our courtship, wedding, arrival of our two precious children, our life together as husband and wife and etc..a very touching letter. 

Secondly, a small and light present. When I unwrapped the present, I saw a heart shaped wooden box. I thought there was still something inside the box and was wondering how am I going to open up the box. Then, Hubby said,"That's your present!" We both laughed!! He asked if I am expecting diamonds or something expensive, which I am not. He explained why he chose this wooden box. It's a box made by wood, which symbolises our 5th anniversary, 木婚. And it was a jewellery box, so I could keep all my jewelleries inside it. I jokingly asked him, so in future, I would get silver / gold / diamond on our 25th  / 50th / 60th wedding anniversary?? He said YES of course!!! Oh wow..can't wait!

The third surprise came in the form of a puzzle. He drew a picture on a letter size paper and cut them into pieces. I need to fix them in order to know whats the message! It took me some time to fix them and also to figure out the message till Hubby gave me hint. Indeed, this was a GREAT surprise which I can't share with you here. Hehe...but was really happy about it!

Next, the waiter presented a small surprise to us, a piece of chocolate fudge cake on a plate, nicely decorated with the wordings "Happy 5th Anniversary". And the pianist also played us a song, wishing us Happy Anniversary. 


We spent about 3hrs in the restaurant before heading back to Kulim and pick up the children. Hubby said we should do this more often - to go dating, just the two of us coz he felt it was totally different when we have some private time together, unlike with the children, all our attention are on them. It was a memorable night for  both of us and looking forward to many more 5 years in future!

p/s: As a loving wife, I also prepared 2 gifts for Hubby. It wasn't easy to get him gifts as he was a simple guy and the things that he wanted were out of my budget, so I bought a Hush Puppies shirt and belt for him. Now he has a collections of Hush Puppies items in his closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment