Friday 2 January 2015

Abigail's 5th Birthday Celebration

11.12.14 (Thurs)
Last Sat (6/12), we organised a mini thanksgiving lunch to celebrate Abby's upcoming 5th birthday. We only invited three families to join us. Unfortunately, one of the family couldn't make it. Nonetheless, we thanked God for a good fellowship with our guests.

Abby knew about this thanksgiving lunch few weeks ago and she was really excited about it. She even made a mark on her calendar on the important event and counting down each day.

On Fri (5/12), I started preparing some of the things for the party, especially baking her birthday cake. This year, I decided to bake her a Barbie doll cake. I googled some ideas on youtube and hopefully with my baking skills, I am able to bake the cake. Besides the Barbie doll cake, I also baked some carrot walnut cake in muffin cup and also the cake in the egg shell. You may click here for the Barbie doll cake recipe.

Then, on Sat itself, I woke up around 6am for another round of cooking  marathon.  I have prepared:
Fried meehun
Rice with salmon fish, green peas and egg
Japanese curry chicken
Chicken mushroom soup
Mixed vegetables

Thanked God that it rained in the morning and stopped before the guests arrived. We had a good time chatting with each other, laughing together over silly jokes and the kids, happily playing around the house. Food were too much to finish. 

Highlight of the day - the Barbie doll cake. Glad that the cake turned out to be beautiful and I was proud of myself. Abby liked the cake very much. In fact, after blowing the candle, I put back the cake into the fridge so that I can admired my 'masterpiece' a lil longer before 'crashing' it! Haha.



Abby received some presents. We told her to open the presents on her actual birth date and she agreed. 

On 12.12.14, we had another birthday party for Abby - just the 4 of us. I baked a mini rainbow cake for her and Ian sang a lovely birthday song for JieJie. Finally, Abby can unwrap all her presents!





 




No comments:

Post a Comment