Sunday 8 September 2013

Chocolate Chip Walnut Cake

7.9.13 (Sat)
Lately, it has been raining everyday and weather was so cooling..and I fall sick! It was a lazy Saturday for me..but I felt like baking a cake..so, I took out my baking tools and ta da..Chocolate Chip Walnut Cake! (Abby & I are nutty lovers!)


 
 
Ingredients
5 eggs
80g caster sugar
35g cake flour
30g corn flour
10g or 2 tsp cocoa powder
100g walnut
Chocolate chips
300ml whipping cream
Some chocolate syrup
Some chocolate flakes
**using a 8" cake mould
 
Methods
1. Cake: Please refer here for info..Sift in the cocoa powder with the flour mixture.
 
2. Toppings: Chilled the whipping cream in the freezer for 10mins. Using the electric mixer, beat with medium speed till soft peak form. Add in chocolate syrup and mixed well.
 
3. Assembly: Cut the cake into half. Place one slice of cake of the pan. Spread with whipping cream, chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Place another slice of cake on top and decorate as desired.
**I roasted the walnuts for 10mins in a preheated oven at 170C
 

No comments:

Post a Comment