Tuesday 11 September 2012

Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake

10.9.12 Monday
All these while, hubby has been asking me to learn how to bake cheese cake..Being an obedient and lovey dovey wife, I surfed online on cheese cake recipe but I found the recipes kinda hard to follow..till I saw this recipe posted by my friend on her blog..seemed easy..so I decided to give it a try. (fyi, I am not a cheese cake lover)
Last Sunday, I went to the bakery shop to buy the ingredients needed..wow..cheese cake ingredients were not cheap at all mann..especially the cream cheese and the digestive biscuits..I think the cost of baking a cheese cake easily come to RM60++..well..what to do..hubby wanna eat..
So, today I spent my afternoon baking the cake..Since it's my first time, so I decided to follow 50% of the recipe in order not to waste the expensive ingredients should I fail! Hubby said the outer look of the cake looked promising..

Recipe:-
The base
175g McVities Digestive Biscuits (about 7-8pcs, depending on how thick you want the base to be)
80g Unsalted butter (if you find that the biscuits are too dry, then add more butter)
50g Castor sugar

1. Crush all the biscuits till it become almost like sand texture (crumbs) and mix it with the castor sugar.
2.  Melt the butter. Pour the butter into a tray together with biscuits crumbs. Mix it well.
3.  Compress it evenly on the base of the tray. Put in the fridge for at least 1hour or till it is hardened.
4.   Make some small holes all over the base using a fork (this is to ensure the cheese sticks to the base).

The Cheese content
500g cream cheese (I preferred Philadelphia brand)
1 cup of fresh yoghurt (natural)
280g (or 2/3 of a small tin) of sweetened condensed milk
Chocolate chips
8 teaspoon of gelatin powder, with 200ml water

1.  Let the cheese cool down to room temperature.
2. Pour the water into a small pot and heat up under low heat. Then, pour the gelatin powder into the pot and stir it thoroughly until melted. The end product is a very thick and sticky gelatin mixture. Set aside for use. 
***if you are using only 50% of the ingredients, then put 4 tsp of gelatin powder wtih 100ml water***
3. Using an electric hand mixer, blend the cheese well to make it soft.
4. Next pour in the sweetened condensed milk and mix it well. Then pour the yoghurt in as well. Blend it well and thoroughly.
5. Quickly pour the gelatin mixture into the earlier cheese content and then mix it well with a spatula.
6.  Then put in the chocolate chips. This time do not use the electric mixer, just use the spatula to evenly stir the chips with the cheese content.
7.  Finally, pour the final cheese content into the earlier prepared base tray. Decorate as desired.
8.  The cheese cake should remain in the fridge for at least 2 hours before consuming (taste better if overnight). Enjoy!



I'd have to commend my wife for a very good first attempt. =) Taste and look are good. =P
  
Overall, my first attempt of baking cheese cake was a success..gonna try chocolate cheese cake and other flavour of cheese cake next time..can't wait! Baking is FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment