Tuesday 11 September 2012

Muffin

11.9.12 Tuesday
Yesterday I baked cheese cake for my hubby, today I made muffins for my two lil precious babies - Abby & Ian.
I used to help my mum make muffins years ago for sales..So, I digged out the recipe book and decided to make chocolate chip, walnut and almond muffins..here is the recipe:-
Ingredients
250g Planta margarine (can use butter also)
230g castor sugar
5 medium eggs
500g plain flour
2 tbsps baking powder
250ml milk
Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 200 celcius. Line muffin trays with paper cases.
2. Cream Planta margarine and castor sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs gradually.
3. Fold in sifted plain flour and baking powder. Pour in milk and mix gently. (Note too much mixing will make the mixture tough). If you wish to have a peanut butter flavoured muffin, at this stage mix some Planta peanut butter as well.
4. Fill a piping bag with the mixture and pipe into prepared muffin trays. If desired, decorate with almod flakes, chocolate chips, raisins or desiccated coconut.
5. Alternatively, pipe mixture into one-third of the muffin cup, add 1 tsp of blueberry filling, kaya or jam as centre filling and pipe more mixture to fill about 80% if the cups.
6. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Make about 30 muffins.
As for me, I didn't use a piping bag..instead, I just used a spoon and fill the muffin cups..hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment