Saturday 12 October 2013

糯米鸡 Loh Mai Kai

11.10.13 (Friday)
This was my first time cooking Loh Mai Kai..I saw this simple recipe on Facebook for quite some time but haven't really try on it. Since I ran out of ideas on what to cook for dinner, so I decided to dig out this recipe and give it a try..

I cooked the mushroom over hot water till they became soft..then pre-soaked the glutinous rice (about 250g and made 7 bowls of Loh Mai Kai) overnight in the fridge..and just cook by following the steps..For my first attempt, the rice was a bit tasteless coz I didn't put enough of salt when I stirred fried the rice..Other than that, it tasted good.

I roughly translated the Chinese version of recipe into English..Hope you can understand :P

好吃的糯米鸡,就这么简单。。。

材料 Ingredients:
糯米 Glutinous rice
鸡腿肉 Chicken drumstick
香菇 Mushroom
腊肠  Waxed sausage aka Lap Cheong
蒜头 Garlic, chopped
 
做法 Methods:
1)将糯米洗净,浸过夜。
Wash the glutinous rice and soak overnight. (put it in the fridge)

2)鸡腿肉和浸软的香菇用蚝油,麻油,黑酱油,绍兴酒,胡椒粉,蜜糖,姜汁腌过夜。
Seasoned the drumstick meat & macerated mushroom with oyster sauce, sesame oil, dark soya sauce, shao xing wine, pepper, honey and ginger sauce. (overnight)
**as the recipe didn't mention about the portion of the seasonings, so I just use my own estimation.

3)用油炒香蒜头,放入沥干的糯米下去炒,加入盐,五香粉和黑酱油炒,我加了水下去焖炒至糯米软。
Stir fried garlic. Add in the glutinous rice and continue to stir fry. Add salt, spices powder and dark soya sauce. Add water and fried stew till the rice got softened.

4)在碗里涂些油,放入切块的腊肠,放入香菇,鸡腿肉,再将炒好的糯米铺在上面。
Rub a little oil on the bowl. Put in the lap cheong, drumstick meat, mushroom and covered with the rice.

5)放入少许水,稍微淹过米,用大火蒸三十分钟就可以了。
Add a bit of water (slightly covering the rice) and steam for 30mins. Ready to serve.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment