Wednesday 26 November 2014

Hubby's 35th Birthday

26.11.14 (Wed)
Today is my Hubby's 35th birthday! As always, I will bake a cake for him. This year, I baked a Mango Cheese Cake with a layer of sponge cake inside and lots of sweet juicy mangoes cubes. (It's mango season now) Glad that the cake turned out to be yummy and nice. 

Abby & Ian gave PaPa a box of Guylian chocolate. We bought it few weeks ago.
Me: Abby, what do you want to give PaPa for birthday?
Abby: Hmm..chocolate?
Me: Do you have money to buy?
Abby: I can use my money in my piggy bank.

So, we bought the box of chocolate and kept it in a secret place. I reminded Abby to keep it as a secret and do not reveal to PaPa. But you know kids, they can't keep secret well. Haha...
Abby: PaPa, I bought a present for you!
Hubby: Oh, that's so sweet of you. What is it?
Abby: I can't tell you. It's a secret!

But that was one day Abby accidentally revealed out the answer over the dinner and Hubby heard it. Hubby pretended that he didn't hear what she said coz he knew, she will burst into tears if he found out what the present was.


So today when Abby handed him the present, he acted so happy and surprise. So funny! I gave Hubby a massage voucher - neck, shoulder and foot massage. (coz I knew I am not good at massaging) Then, we sang birthday song and cut the cake. I specially prepared one cupcake each for Abby & Ian, with candle on it. So that they won't fight with Hubby when blowing candle.




Later in the noon, we brought the kids to the dentist for check up. (subsidized by the government). The doctor praised them for having beautiful and healthy tooth and gave them each a toothbrush as reward. Ian was very brave until he saw the doctor taking his tool, he burst into tears. Ian thought the doctor was going to do something to his teeth and he was scared. Actually, the doctor wanted to apply some fluoride onto his teeth for strengthening purposes.

After the check up, we went to visit a friend. Then went to Hakataya for dinner because Hubby got a free bowl of noodle on his birthday! However, we missed out the free Boost juice as the shop was closed when we went there! Gotta wait for another year then!

And today Abby received her birthday present from 阿姨, ie my sister. Earlier, I asked my sis to help buy the Mr Men Little Miss toys from Mcd and she was very thoughtful to ship it over. (initially I told her we will go back and collect next CNY) Abby was very happy and excited.

Next event will be Abby's 5th birthday in about 2 weeks time. I plan to bake a special cake for her and have 2 celebrations, one at home and the other in Sunday School. Looking forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment