Tuesday 31 January 2012

CNY 2012 - Day 1

23.1.2012 Monday
Gong Xi Fa Cai! 新年快乐! It was the custom of my hubby's family that we will 拜年 with the parents on Day 1. All of us will dress up in our CNY clothes and greet our parents with nice words/wishes. I am lucky that I still get AngPow from my father-in-law and also my mum.

After 拜年, we went to church (KCMC) for CNY special service. You could see most of the members will wear traditional clothes, including 4 of us. I was happy to meet up with some of my church members that I havent been seeing for long time..this is a good time to catch up with each other.


Every year during Day 1, Uncle Chee Beng will invite us to his mum's place for CNY lunch. And again, good time to catch up with Mark's church members that he hasnt been seeing for long time too! As usual, we will dropped by my Aunty2 (二姨) place to hang out with my relatives and play 'Jiap Kut' (donno what is it called in English)..This year, my sis, Candy, specially ordered us to wear RED for the family group photo! 

We also visited Mark's buddy, Wen Tii's place. Then ended the day with dinner at my mum's place. It was a fruitful day especially in terms of AngPow collections..muahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment