Friday 12 July 2013

Oreo Ice Cream Cake

11.7.13 (Thurs)
I love to eat ice cream cake..if I remembered correctly, I think the last time I had ice cream cake was 2.5 yrs ago, during Abby's 2nd birthday..I found this simple recipe on youtube and wanna gave it a try..Hubby loved it so much and praised me, saying that it was so much tastier than the ice cream cake he ate before.
 
I accidentally over poured the chocolate sauce :P

 
 
Ingredients
1.5 litre any flavoured ice cream
30pcs oreo biscuits (depending on the cake size)
50g butter (melted)
150ml whipping cream
Some walnuts
Chocolate sauce
 
Method
1. Crush the oreo biscuits till it became almost like sand texture (crumbs). Pour in the melted butter and mix well. Compress it evenly on the base of the tray. Put in the fridge for at least 1 hr or till it is hardened.
 
2. Let the ice cream cooled down. Put few pieces of oreo cookies into a plastic bag and crush it slightly using a roller. Pour the biscuits into the ice cream, together with some chopped walnuts. Mix well. Then, pour into the biscuit base, smoothen with a spatula. Put into the freezer for at least 4hrs or till it is hardened.
 
 
3. Decorate as desired.
 
**For the base, I combined some digestive biscuits with the oreo biscuits.
**I added a piece of sponge cake on the base, before pouring the ice cream into it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment