Sunday 7 July 2013

Chicken Pie

5.7.13 (Fri)
I have a CG member who likes to bake as much as I do..her mum is a good cook too! So, when I saw her posting the picture on chicken pie, this inspired me to bake chicken pie too! Moreover, I had some leftover pie crust (I frozed it in the freezer) from the blueberry pie I baked last time, so I decided to utilise it. I quickly asked her for the recipe and she emailed it to me. I modified a bit and it was a successful masterpiece.
 
Ingredients
For the crust
227g of butter
560g wheat flour
50g sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp. lemon juice
10 tbsp. water, whenever needed
**I used this method on baking the crust
 
For the filling
2 drumsticks meat, cut in cube
6-8 pcs button mushroom, cut in cube
2 medium size potato, boil water, until it soft, peel and diced
2 pcs onions, diced
2 pcs sausages (optional)
Half tin of Campbell mushroom soup, you can also made your own white sauce

Seasoning
Salt
Black pepper
Oregano
 
Method
1. Mix the flour , sugar, rock salt , then mix well with soften butter, until it forms a crusty dough. Slowly add in lemon juice and water, continue to knead until it forms a smooth dough.

2. Use butter to apply at the baking tray, Take about half of the dough and paste at the baking tray for the base of the pie. Poke small hole on the dough.

 

3. Preheat the oven, put in the base dough and bake for 15 min with 180 C.

4. Now, you can prepare the filling. Heat pan with cooking oil, fry onion. Continuously put in chicken, mushroom and potato. Season with salt, black pepper and oregano. Then, blend in the prepared mushroom soup.

 

5. Take the base dough out, fill in the filling. Cover top with a layer of pastry. Draw the pattern on the top pastry and brush with egg. Put in the oven. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment