Tuesday 5 November 2013

Mee Hun Ker 面粉粿

5.11.13 (Tues)
I don't really like to eat mee hun ker when I was young (coz I felt liked eating just flour). Each time when my mum cooked that, I would ask to cook noodles as substitute. Somehow at one point of time (can't remember when), I started to like mee hun ker and I asked my mum to teach me how to knead the dough. It was quite easy and I cook mee hun ker at least twice a month coz Abby and Ian like eating it!
 
Ingredients
Dough
300g flour (enough for 4 of us)
3 tsp salt, dissolve in 100ml water (you may add adjust according to your taste)
50g vegetable oil
1 egg
 
Fishcake
Lean meat
Vegetable
(you can add more ingredients for eg prawns, fishballs..)
 
Methods
1. Sift flour. Add in egg and oil. Slowly pour in the salt water and start kneading into dough. If the dough gets too wet, sift in some flour. Knead for 5mins or till dough become elastic. Divide into 4 small dough and let it rest.
(usually I will prepare the dough in the morning and cook as dinner)
 
2. In a large bowl of soup, slowly put in the dough (tore into small pieces, as shown in the video below) and other ingredients and boil to cook.
 
3. Add in fried shallots and ikan bilis. Ready to serve.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment