Saturday 21 December 2013

Checker Board Cake

22.12.13 (Sat)
I wanted to try baking new cake but ran out of ideas. So, I googled on cake ideas and saw pictures on Checker board cake. I found it interesting so I went on to youtube and found a video on it. Great! And let the baking starts!
 
 
 
Ingredients
6 eggs
60g self raising flour
40g corn flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cocoa powder (I used Hershey chocolate syrup)
Red coloring
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
60g caster sugar
 
Methods
1. Separate the egg whites and yolks. Place 4 whites into a clean bowl and the rest (6 yolks and 2 whites) in another bowl.
 
2. Using an electric hand whisk, whisk the whites on high speed for til foamy. Add in 20g caster sugar and cream of tartar. Continue beating till stiff peak.
 
3. Beat yolks mixture with sugar till creamy. Add in vanilla essence. Sift in flour mixture and mixed well with a spatula. Divide into 3 portions. Add in the chocolate syrup on one of the bowl. Add red coloring on the other bowl. Bake for 15-20mins on a preheated oven at 170C.
 
4. Cut out 3 different sizes of circle and arranged accordingly. Decorate as desired.
 

 

Abby asked to take a picture with the cake
 
As I was watching the youtube on the cake, I found another video on braided/basketweave cake decoration. So, I killed two birds with one stone, applied it on the Checker board cake. Though it was a tedious job but enjoying.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment