Wednesday 4 December 2013

Rainbow Swissroll 彩虹瑞士卷

4.12.13 (Wed)
Today I baked something colorful - Rainbow Swissroll! Though it was quite tedious and lots of washing after baking, but I kinda enjoyed baking the swissroll, especially when the end product was successful and was a great satisfaction.
 
I saw this recipe from theideaking blogspot. I watched the youtube clip and it was quite easy to understand, so I just can't wait to give it a try.
 

 
 
Ingredients
5 egg yolks
5 egg whites
80g caster sugar
40g corn flour
50g self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
6 piping bags
Coloring (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
 
Methods
1. Please see my post on swissroll/sponge cake.
 
2. Divide the batter into 6 equal portions (using bowls). Add in the coloring on each bowl. Pour the batters into 6 piping bags. Piped one by one (following the rainbow colors) onto the baking pan. Baked for 8mins in the preheated oven of 200C.
 
3. Filled with desired cream and refrigerate it overnight.
 
You can also refer here for more detailed steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment