Sunday 16 February 2014

2014 Chinese New Year - Year of Horse

29.1.14 (Wed)
This year CNY, we went back to Klang one day earlier. (Usually we go back on the CNY eve) Since we were traveling from North to South, hence, we had no problem with facing traffic jam as we were against the traffic. We reached Klang around 6.30pm. After unloading all the stuffs, we quickly washed up and ready to go for a family dinner (my side of relatives) - first CNY meal!

30.1.14 (Thurs) CNY eve
I considered myself a lucky daughter in-law, as I was not required to help my mum in-law (MIL) to cook CNY reunion dishes..but of course, I will help out as and when is needed..so Hubby, the kids and I went for karaoke session with my sister and cousin..It has been a year+ since I last sang in the karaoke..we all had fun and Abby got to sing some of her favorite songs too..(Frozen "Let it go", 我的歌声里 by Wanting Qu, "BFF" by 颜慧萍&赵洁莹 )

At night, we enjoyed our reunion dinner. My MIL was a good cook..Although this year she didn't prepare much dishes (only 4 adults 2 kids), but we still have problem finishing all the dishes..After dinner, the kids had fun playing fire crackers with Hubby and GrandPa.


31.1.14 (Fri) CNY Day 1
Happy Chinese New Year - The Year of Horse 马力全开庆丰年! As usual, on the first day of CNY, we will 拜年 with our parents/in-laws. I was happy that every year, I got Angpow from my father in-law (FIL) and my mum. But this year, I was even happier coz Hubby gave me a BIG Angpow which I didn't exect him to do so..Muaks!



Then, we went to Klang Chinese Methodist Church to attend the CNY service. Everyone dressed up nicely in church. I got to meet some of my "old" church friends too.


After church, we went over to my Aunt's house for CNY open house. This year, the house was pretty crowded as my Uncle and his family came back from Melb to celeb CNY. And, there were 4 toddlers and 3 babies in the house too! Very happening and joyful! We also went to Uncle Chee Beng's mum's house too!





Abby & Ian had a fruitful day, and thank God, number of Angpows collected on the first day was pretty good!

1.2.14 (Sat) CNY Day 2
Every year on the CNY Day 2, we always go to Kapar area to visit Mark's relatives. This year, only we (4 of us) accompanied my FIL for visitation. We managed to go to 3 houses before returning home to meet up with Mark's sister and family from Kulim.

Later in the noon, we went to Mark's baby sitter's house. They were already in their late 80s but both were very healthy and strong. They used to babysit Mark and sisters when they were young. So every year during CNY, Mark will definitely pay them a visit.

Dinner at home tonight.


2.2.14 (Sun) CNY Day 3
It's Sunday, which meant we went to church again for service. This time, we went to SAGA to meet up with Mark's church members whom we haven't seen for couple of months!  Abby and Ian got some Angpows in church too.

Next, we went to Mark's ex-schoolmate's house in Eng Ann, another must-visit friend each year. Usually we spent an hour+ at her house, catching up with each other stories.

Thereafter, we went over to my mum's house, coz there were guests there that we knew too. We had a good fellowship with one another. Around 3pm+, we droved to KL Cheras to visit my relatives before heading for dinner in KL as well. 

Today was a busy day coz we were out from the house since 9am, and all the way to 10pm++. Glad that Abby & Ian didn't make much noise and were enjoying themselves.

3.2.14 (Mon) CNY Day 4
Today was an easy day..didn't really make any visitation plan. But, we visited Mark's aunt and spent 3 hrs there.

At night, I went out with my sister for dinner and also watched the MUST WATCHED CNY movie - The Journey. This was a local Msian movie and it was good.



4.2.14 (Tues) CNY Day 5
Today we went to three houses - Damansara Damai (EW's hse), Kajang (CS's hse) and Klang. It was our first time visiting EW & CS new house..We had a great time catching up with one another.. 


After dinner at home, together with my FIL, we went to watch Robocop. Initially Hubby wanted to watch The Monkey King but from all the comments we read on Facebook, it was a lousy movie. Not sure how true was it.


5.2.14 (Wed) CNY Day 6
Another rest and relax day. I suggested that we should have Baskin Robbins since it was BR Pink Day..and Hubby agreed. The kids were so happy. I was telling my Hubby..it was such a privilege being a child, no worries, no tensions etc..Hubby corrected me, it should be - being a child in a loving family is much more privilege.. :)


During noon time, Hubby's ex-classmates came to visit him.

At night, we had dinner at my mum's place before going to visit Hubby's ex-teacher in Botanic Garden.

And, I was not feeling too well after the dinner..Just ME and I don't know why. I vomited basically all my dinner and had diarrhea. Gosh!

6.2.14 (Thurs) CNY Day 7
Today, we went to Morib to visit Hubby's relative. It was Hubby's idea to go Morib coz he felt we should visit his uncle again to pay respect. (We were there 5 yrs ago to invite him to our wedding dinner)

Since we were already at Morib, we traveled further up to Tanjung Sepat for lunch. I wasn't feeling well but thank God, I still have the energy to meet up with my church friend at night for yumcha session. And what a small world, I bumped into my ex-collegemate whom I haven't seen for more than 6 yrs+ (I think)..it was great!


7.2.14 (Fri) CNY Day 8
I requested Hubby to go shopping today. We went to MidValley and The Gardens. Luckily, the traffic was quite smooth. And we had chance to see the Lion Dance performance in the mall. When Ian saw the Lion Dance, he shouted, " Mummy, looked! Dinosaur!" Funny boy! We also met a church friend from Butterworth in MidValley..oh wow..what an unexpected bumped-into..The CNY decorations at The Gardens was very nice!




After shopping, we went to visit my cousin at Kelana Jaya before heading home. At night, my friend, Rita and family came to visit us.



8.2.14 (Sat) CNY Day 9 - Traveled back to Kulim and house cleaning.

9.2.14 (Sun) CNY Day 10
Today, we didn't go church. Instead, both of us went to the JPJ to renew our driving licence. We managed to do so after 1.5hrs of waiting but glad that we got our new licence.

At night, we went to our church friends' daughter fullmoon party.

10.2.14 - 12.2.14 (Mon-Wed) CNY Day 11-13
Back to normal days

13.2.14 (Thurs) CNY Day 14
At night, we went to Hubby's friend's house for dinner and also chit chatting. After that, we went to a florist shop to buy rose. Initially hubby wanted to go alone and surprised me the next day. But since we were out together tonight, so he couldn't do so. Haha..and this round, he bought 2 roses, one for me and one for Abby..Abby was so happy!


14.2.14 (Fri) CNY Day 15
Today was the last day of CNY and also Valentine's Day. (it happened once in every 19 yrs)
We went to Hubby's sister's house for steamboat dinner. I also baked a heart shaped strawberry cake to celebrate Valentine's day. The children were having fun.




For this year CNY, we enjoyed ourselves very much. We managed to visit lots of our relatives and friends. And this year Angpows collections hit a higher record! Hubby also said, he has been driving from CNY eve to Day 9!! Looking forward to next year CNY!











No comments:

Post a Comment