Friday 28 February 2014

The day I said "Yes, I will!"


(backdated to 31.1.08)



A year ago, God put us together, from friends to lovers. We decided to celebrate this special day together (In fact, we had been celebrating our monthly anniversary every month-end, since 31st January, 2007). We had planned this weeks ago and plan to go back to all the places that we had been a year ago...and Mark decided to take off from his work, a long stretch of holidays, from 31/1-17/2/08. (in conjunction with Chinese New Year festival, and in between he will work from home)

On 31/1/08, we started off with KLCC..(last year, it was my Dale Carnegie graduation at Wisma UOA, just opposite KLCC..I invited Mark to be my guest for the graduation ceremony..We met up in KLCC)We walked around some shops..Mark insisted to do all the things we did last year at KLCC..for eg, eating Auntie Anne's, went to Body Shop etc..

At about 6pm, we headed to KL Tower because we are going to have dinner at the Revolving Restaurant, about 282m above ground level! One week ago, Mark suggested us to have dinner at the Revolving Restaurant and he insisted him to make the booking..I actually sensed something fishy, because usually, I will handle the 'administrative' matter..well, I let him do the booking..and when I offered to call the restaurant to confirm our booking again, he asked me not to worry about it, he had all things under his control..

We sat at Table 23..near to the window and get to see perfect view from here..The restaurant's atmosphere was pretty good..You can either have the buffet dinner or the 6 course menu..We chose the latter.

Mark had the beef set and I took the fish set. Food was pretty good, small serving but filling. I liked the soup. When I looked at the menu and noticed that we are going to have tiramisu as dessert, I wasn't excited as I don't take tiramisu..but I decided to give it a try..(later I knew from Mark that he was actually worried that if I don't eat the tiramisu, he will make sure I eat it! why? continue reading please, :p)

Here come the dessert...I took small bite, well, not that bad..so I started to eat slowly..then, I realised there was something inside the tiramisu..something hard..initially I thought it was a slice of thin chocolate bar and was about to eat it already..

"Dear, look, something inside the tiramisu!" I shouted.
"Oh really..what is that?" (what a great pretender he is!)

So I took it out slowly..and something is not right..especially when Mark slowly walked towards me..It was a small card, laminated..and it was written "Will you marry me, dear Ai Leng?".

Oh my goodness..this is surprising..Mark knelt down and expressed his love speech before ending with "will you marry me?”

"Dear, I thank God for putting us together. I enjoyed spending time with you for the past one year we're together. Would you be willing to take me as your husband, companion, and life's partner? Will you marry me? "

Next, I could hear clapping sounds..apparently, there were few waiters standing by our table (they knew the whole plot)..witnessing the whole proposal plan..hehe..because of their clapping..it drew everyone's attention to us. Alamak!

"Yes I will!" I gave him the promising answer :)

He then put on the diamond ring into my finger..a perfect fit!

Initially I thought he will propose during my birthday, if not, it would be our anniversary or Valentines..He chose today, 31.1.08, an easy date to remember and meaningful! He was telling me that he was quite worry that everything he had planned will not be successful. He called the Captain of the restaurant many times, to ensure the Captain knew his plan and work well with him..His mind was spinning during the dinner, thinking what should he say when he knelt down, did the Captain slot in the card into the dessert? Will she discover the card? etc..but thank God, everything is just so perfect! Well, another great job done by Mr Dak Dak Dei..(DDD, his nickname)

Mark also explained to me how difficult it is to get a diamond ring. He actually surf the internet for information, did a research on diamonds, and visited more than 10 jewellery shops before settling down with Diamond & Platinum. He wanted to ensure he got the right ring and the best ring..and he did..He also showed me how to appreciate the diamond ring, in terms of the 4 Cs-Colour, Cutting, Clarity & Carat..Now he is an expert on diamonds..as I always say, being an engineer himself, he always ensure everything he does, is perfectly planned, with 0% failing rate!

We are really thankful to our God, for putting us together, for all the happy moments from the past 1 year. There is still a long journey ahead of us, especially in planning our wedding..may the Lord our God continue to be our shepherd..guiding us through!

To all of you, thank you for sharing our joy!
 
You may click here for more stories.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment