Wednesday 27 August 2014

Strawberry Mousse Cake 草莓慕斯蛋糕

27.8.14
Yesterday was my one and only nephew's 1st birthday. Though we were unable to celebrate with him (My sister and family stay in Singapore), but I baked a cake for him, and both Abby and Ian sang a birthday song to wish him. Then, we finished the cake on his behalf..haha.
 
 
Few days ago, I saw this post from one of the blog that I followed. She baked a blueberry mousse cake and it was really nice. I wanted to bake the same but blueberry was kinda expensive here. So I used strawberries instead. Then, I cut the strawberry into a love shape and decorated the cake. I was very happy with my masterpiece and of course, the most happiest were the kids..they couldn't wait to eat the cake!
 
Ingredients
Sponge cake
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
50g caster sugar
35g canola oil
60ml fresh milk
70g self raising flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
 
Strawberry mousse
200g strawberries (15-20 strawberries), chopped into smaller size
150g strawberry yoghurt
2 tsp gelatine powder
50ml water
150g whipped cream
50g caster sugar
 
Method
Sponge cake
1. Whisk egg whites in high speed. Add in 20g caster sugar and cream of tartar and continue to whisk till stiff peak. Set aside.
 
2. Whisk egg yolks and remaining sugar till pale yellow. Add in oil and milk and mix well. Sift in flour and combine well with a spatula. Fold in the egg whites and combine well. Pour into a 8" cake mould. Bake at 180C for 30mins or until golden brown and skewer comes out clean.
 
3. Set cool on the wire rack.
 
Strawberry mousse
1. Blend the strawberries, sugar and yoghurt.
 
2. Dissolve the gelatine powder over hot water at medium heat. Pour into the strawberries puree and fold in whipped cream.
 
Assembly
1. Place the cake back to the cake mould. Pour the strawberry mousse into the mould and chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
 
2. Decorate as desired.
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment