Wednesday 1 February 2012

CNY 2012 - Day 3

25.1.2012 Wednesday
Today's programme:-
1. Visit Mark's secondary teacher, Mrs Chiew, whom he had not seen for 15 years!
2. Visit Gan Chin (friend) - CNY open house
3. Family dinner

We went to Gan Chin's place around 1pm+..She had prepared quite alot of food..There is a mini playground is her house all the kids were enjoying themselves while the adults were busy eating and chit chatting.
Next, we went to Mrs Chiew's house at Botanic with Mark's secondary friends..Mrs Chiew had been in the education industry for more than 20 years, teaching solely Bahasa Melayu (BM)! Hubby was telling me that during school times, Mrs Chiew insisted all her students to speak no other languages EXCEPT for BM..It was a good gathering, sharing about events happening in school and also updating their current lives.

Before going home, we dropped by my mum's place for a while..had chance to play 'Jiap Kut' with my family and I won..cool!

At night, we went to this restaurant in Berkeley, named Soon Wah Restaurant, recommended by my MIL..we wanted to try out on my SIL's birthday but failed due to big crowd..this time, we booked the table and pre-ordered the dishes (I think 6 dishes + yee sang)..I couldn't really enjoy my meal as Ian was sleepy..gotta rocked him to sleep in my arms..We were lucky to bump into 黎明姨, a local celebrity in the restaurant..the moment she walked in..all eyes were on her..We also took a picture with her before we left the restaurant..


No comments:

Post a Comment