Saturday 16 March 2013

Sacher Torte 沙荷蛋糕

15.3.13 (Fri)
Last week, I pleaded hubby to buy me a recipe book, on cake baking and it was not cheap..am very grateful will try my best to bake as many yummy cakes for him.

I decided to start with a simple recipe - Sacher Torte.



Ingredients
Cake
6 egg yolks
6 egg whites
60g caster sugar
140g butter
400g dark chocolate (melted)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 lemon zest (to me, its optional)
180g self raising flour

Chocolate ganache
280g whipping cream
180g dark chocolate (chopped)
120g white chocolate (chopped)
80g butter
A little rum (I omitted this)

**Again, I followed 50% of the ingredients.

Decoration
White chocolate

Methods
1. Cake : Cream butter and caster sugar. Gradually add egg yolks, lemon zest, essence and melted chocolate. Whisk egg white. Mix egg white and butter mixture well. Gradually add half portion of flour and mix completely. Pour in to the cake mould and bake at 160 degree celcius for 45 minutes.

2. Chocolate ganache : Heat the whipping cream. Add in chopped dark and white chocolate to shine. Stir in butter and rum.

3. Assembly : Cut cake into 3 layers after cool. Brush each layer with chocolate ganache. Top with chocolate ganache.Pipe white chocolate decorations along edge.

Note: On the cake part, I did not really follow the instruction. Instead, I used the electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar, add in egg yolks, vanilla essence and melted chocolate. Pour in the flour and mix well with the mixer. Then, whisk egg whites (ensure the mixer is clean). Add in 2/3 of the egg whites into the batter and gently mix them well. Add in the remaining egg whites. It's the same method on how I bake Hokkaido cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment