Tuesday 19 March 2013

Almond Rings 杏仁圈

19.3.13 (Tues)
I am a nutty person, ie I like to eat food with nuts, be it cashew nut, macadamia nut, almonds, walnuts, hazelnut..(but my hubby is totally opposite of me, he likes it plain)..so I guessed he won't be eating this almond rings cookie.
 
 
 
Ingredients
100g self raising flour
40g margerine/butter
40g caster sugar
25g ground almond (I didn't use this)
1/4 tsp almond essence (I didn't use this)
1/2 egg
A little beaten egg or milk
Almond flakes/chopped almond
 
Method
1. Mix margarine with sugar and beat well with electric mixer. Add in beaten egg.
 
2. Add in flour and mix well into dough.
 
3. Roll out the dough thinly. Cut out rings using larger fluter cutter and a small plain cutter. Transfer to the lined baking sheet. BRush with beaten egg or milk, sprinkle with almond flakes or chopped almonds.
 
4. Bake in preheated oven at 170 degree celcius for 10-15 mins until golden brown.
 
Reminder:
Use egg just sufficient to bind mixture into a dough. Too much egg will result in a wet dough making rolling out difficult.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment