Friday 2 August 2013

Rainbow Cake 彩虹蛋糕

1.8.13 (Thurs)
Hubby came back from work and saw me, decorating the rainbow cake.
 
Hubby: Oh wow, rainbow cake, whose order?
Me: Mr Lee. :)  (so that I can claim from him for the ingredients I bought..haha)
Hubby: Oh, you meant me..but I don't remember placing the order..it must be my wife then!
 
The last time we had rainbow cake was during Ian's 2nd birthday, in Apr this year. We ordered the rainbow cake from May Flower Pastry Centre and it was delicious..and the funny part was..everyone thought I baked the cake (since I baked frequently)..well..this round..yes, I baked my own rainbow cake and it was quite satisfying!
 
I think the hardest part would be preparing the 6 colors batter and due to the size of my oven, I gotta baked the cakes in 3 sessions..(2 at a time)..Next, was decorating the cake..I am still weak at this..as you can see from the picture, the coating wasn't done nicely..I am not sure why..maybe it's because of the whipped cream I used or there is a special technique..gotta research more on this..Anyhow, the cake was delicious, sweetness just good and cake texture was soft and fluffy..
 
For the rainbow cake, I used the sponge cake method..[2 x the ingredients (divide them into 6 batters), 1/4 tsp of each coloring] and baked at 170C preheated oven for 10mins..Then assemble the cake layer by layer, applying cream on each layer, and decorate with 1000s.
**I am using a 8" cake mould 
 


So beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment