Wednesday 10 September 2014

I PASSED!

5.9.14 (Fri)
It's Spring! I have survived through the three months of winter and it wasn't too bad, except that some days were really cold and freezing.

Last Friday (29/8) was my driving test (failed the first time one month ago). For the past one week, I practiced about 30mins for the manoeuvres, ie hill start, U-turn at intersection, U-turn at T-junction, reverse in a straight line, parallel parking and 3 point turn. The examiner will test you on 2-3 manoeuvres as part of the test and of course, the main part will be driving on the road and be cautious on the important road signs for eg STOP, GIVE WAY etc.

On that morning, Hubby and the kids followed me to the test centre. Hubby led a prayer and asked God to grant me wisdom and blessings so that I can be alert and calm during the test.

This round, I had an elderly man as the examiner and guessed what!? He was the same examiner that Hubby had during his driving test and this was how God answered our prayer, coz earlier as I mentioned, God sent an angel, ie the examiner that PASSED Hubby on his test. His name was Paul and he was really a chatty man. Unlike the first examiner I had before, Paul gave me a relaxing feeling while driving and he didn't really write down much notes on his paper. He was chatting with me about his family life and oversea trips.
 
We left the centre at 9.30am and came back around 9.50am. I was a bit worried as the test ended quite early. I waited patiently while Paul was writing on his paper, at the same time, thinking hard did I make any mistakes! Finally when Paul ticked on the SUCCESSFUL box, I smiled and thanked him. There were minor mistakes and he also pointed out that I was quite slow in some corners. But all in all, I PASSED! That's the most important thing! Hubby was relieved.
 
Then, when we came home, I went to open the gate and suddenly, I felt something was moving on the tree branch. I turned left and was shocked to see a green snake on the branch! I dropped the bag and quickly ran to the car. We called the landlord and he asked us to try asking help from the neighbours. Luckily, one of our neighbours came to help. He took a look at the snake and commented it was a tree snake and was harmless. We used a stick to give it a push and the snake ran away to the gutter. The neighbour also mentioned that it was quite normal to see snakes around the neighbourhood. Some snakes are harmless for eg the tree snakes but if we see any brown snakes and they are very defensive, then we should go away from them or call the council for help. Thanked God for is protection that we are not harmed and also through this incident, we got to know our neighbours after moving here for one month. However, after this incident, I had phobia when walking past any trees in our garden, fear that I will see another snake again!
 
Because I passed my driving test, Hubby gave me some rewards which I really thankful of.
1. Cupcake carrier
2. Cake carrier
3. Sumptuous dinner
4. A smartphone
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment