Tuesday 8 January 2013

A tribute to Zhai Zhai 仔仔, my faithful dog

8.1.2013 (Tuesday)
Today while I was on my way to pick up Abby from Kindy, my mum called and told me a sad news..my dog, Zhai Zhai, was put to sleep, ie euthanasia (安乐死) this morning, around 11am at the vet..I couldn't hold my tears, and I cried while driving..We had treated Zhai Zhai as part of our family and now, he has left us! 
Initially, my sister wanted to bring Zhai Zhai to the vet for checking (lately, his private part was bleeding non-stop and had slimmed down alot)..but the vet told her that Zhai Zhai had venereal disease and his liver was swollen..chances of living was low eventhough with medication..We knew that all these while, he was in pain due to this problem, but we didn't expect it to be so serious! After listening and considering the vet's professional advices, my mum made the hardest decision, to let him go! Non of us wanted this to happen, especially he has been with us for more than 10yrs+..We had deep feelings for each other..It had been a moody and sad day for my family and I, especially to my sister, who was with him during his very last second!  
If I was not mistaken, Zhai Zhai joined our family in year 2002, my father brought him back from somewhere..he was just a few months old puppy..and I was responsible for taking care of him..I still remembered feeding him milk using the milk bottle & bathing him every week without fail, taking him to the vet for vaccination or when he was sick..and we allowed him to roam around inside the house..not forgetting the need to clean his urine/shit inside the house! 
Zhai Zhai was an obedient dog..he was pretty good at barking when he came across any strangers or noticed any strange incidents..However, we could only taught him 2 tricks - Sit & Shake hands..lol..and donno why, most of the dogs were afraid of thunders and fire crackers..Whenever Zhai Zhai heard of the sound of both things, he would squeeze himself through the door and hide under the table inside the house..and whenever we went for long holidays, he would guard the house faithfully.. 
Eversince I moved up to Kulim in year 2009, my sister took over my job for taking care of Zhai Zhai..and she did a good job! I was not sure if he had missed me for the past 3 years..but whenever I went back to the house, he was there to welcome me with his wagging tail..Both Abby & Ian were not afraid of him also! 
It is not easy to have a dog that is as obedient as Zhai Zhai..I guessed, we will not have dog for the moment until we are ready mentally. 
 
R.I.P Zhai Zhai!

We always commented that Zhai Zhai had some Labrador gene in him..such a handsome boy!



He liked to climb up the chair and relax



Zhai Zhai - our best friend!


This happened only when he wanted us to bring him for a walk (to pee/shit),  scared of thunders and fire crackers..


Taken with Zhai Zhai in year 2007


Two of our dearest members had left us - Dad in year 2007 & Zhai Zhai  in year 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment