Wednesday 23 January 2013

Banana Walnut Cake

23.1.13 (Wed)
Last Sunday, my sister in-law brought back a bunch of bananas from Klang for us..it was given by my mum in-law, for the kids to eat..according to her, the bananas were very sweet! oh well..hubby and I were not banana lovers..and though these 2 kids loves banana, but they can't finish them..In order not to waste the bananas (too ripe after 4 days)..I quickly flipped through my baking book and ta-da..I found a recipe on banana cake..
Ingredients
125g self raising flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g margarine
2 squashy bananas
75g castor sugar (can reduce the sugar portion as teh banan has its sweetness too)
1 beaten egg
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon (I didn't use this, instead, I added the walnut)
Method
1. Line loaf tin with baking paper. Sift self raising flour ground cinnamon and bicarbonate.
2. Place margarine and castor sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat until sugar dissolves and mixture becomes fluffy and turns pale white. Add in beaten egg gradually, a little at a time and beat very well. Then add in vanilla essence for a thorough mix.
3. Peel banana, cut into slices and mash into a pulp. Add mashed banana into the flour mixture and mix well. Fold in sifted dry powdery ingredients by 2 additions.
4. Scrape the mixture into the lined loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree celcius for 30-40minutes until well risen and golden brown. Test readiness and cool on a rack.
**If a muffin tin is used, baking time is 15-20minutes.
 
My kitchen smells like banana when the cake was in baking process..and happy to see that the final product was successful..While baking, Abby kept asking me," Mummy, whose birthday? Abby's birthday ah?" And once the cake was done, both kids were so eager to sing the birthday song and blow the candle..funny..


Mummy, can we eat now?



Mouth filled!


No comments:

Post a Comment