Tuesday 18 June 2013

Happy Father's Day 2013

15.6.13 (Sat)
It's Father's Day again and I decided to celebrate it one day earlier with hubby n kids..I had prepared 3 gifts (bought them during my stay in Klang one month ago), a card, a blueberry pie and a 3 course dinner for hubby ..Meanwhile, Abby also made 2 cards for her Papa (from Kindy).
 
So, I started the day with baking the pie crust..need a bit of practice to make it into a proper dough..while waiting for the pie to get harden (chilled in the fridge for at least 1 hr), I cooked the chicken mushroom soup..quite a lot of works here as you need to cut the onions, garlics and button mushroom..luckily, I shredded the chicken a day before..you may find the recipe here.
 
Then, I took out the pie crust from the fridge and started to bake..I used a star shape mould to cut out 16 stars, to line them on the pie surface..it was an easy recipe coz I just used the blueberry filling bought from the bakery shop, instead of making them myself..here's the recipe.
 
Next task - mashed potato..I saw this recipe from one of the facebook posts..so I wanna give it a try..quite easy too..As for the gravy, I actually followed the recipe, but ended up using the McCormick chicken gravy (I used it as the gravy for my chicken chop)
 
I also baked two Swiss rolls with blueberry fillings, customer's order...so by the time I finished all the tasks above, it's almost time for dinner, I don't even have time to rest..but it was a fruitful day and hubby appreciated everything that I have done for him on this special day..and he said," I promised I will at least make a card for you next Mother's Day" (coz I complaint to him that only woman will do all these stuffs for her hubby..and hubby will never take initiative to plan anything in return on Mother's day or any other special occasion)
 
Appetiser - chicken mushroom soup

Main course - chicken chop with mashed potato

Dessert - Lychee pudding and blueberry pie

Happy father with his gifts and kids

A handmade tie from Abby, during Sunday School
  

No comments:

Post a Comment