Friday 7 June 2013

Oreo Owl Cupcakes

7.6.13 (Fri)
Last week while I was blogging, I saw this cute recipe from one of the blog that I followed - Oreo Owl Cupcakes! And I immediately told myself, I gotta try it out..
 

 
 
Ingredients
100g butter
160g caster sugar (I cut down to 100g)
2 eggs
150g self raising flour
Pinch of salt
40g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
60g whipping cream
100g natural yogurt (I didn't use this)
 
Chocolate Ganache
220g dark chocolate
25g whipping cream
 
To decorate
Oreo mini cookies (I couldn't find it, so I used the normal size oreo)
Brown M&M's (for eyes)
Yellow M&M's (for nose)
 
Method
1. Preheat oven to 170 degree celcius.
 
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
 
3. Beat butter, sugar & salt till light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Add yogurt and whipping cream and bweat well. Add in flour mixture.
 
4. Scoop into the tins and bake for 20mins.
 
5. Choclate ganache - melt over double-boiled method, set aside to thicken.
 
6. Decorate as desired.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment