Tuesday 23 April 2013

A sick Ian = A sick cranky Koala

23.4.13 (Tues)
Yesterday morning when Ian woke up and I carried him down from the bedroom, I could feel his body was hot (a bit abnormal from usual days)..I told hubby about this and to him, he thought it's alright..Well, I quickly gave him some fever medicine and put on the coolfever tap on his forehead, hoping the fever would subside soon..which it did..Meanwhile, I also asked hubby how come he was not as worry as me? He said,"Coz I knew Mama will be worry and everything will be fine!" Der......
 
Around evening time, Ian's fever came back and it was 38.1 degree celcius! I had ran out of fever medicine and decided to take him to the paediatrician..(during that time, I was in the process of baking cinnamon rolls and waiting for the bread to rise, so I thought it won't take long in the clinic and I still have time to bake it when we return home)
 
Gosh, when we arrived at the clinic..people mountain people sea (人山人海, ie crowded)! I had to wait for 10+ patients..but what to do, we just gotta wait for our turn..and Ian was so tired and restless, he didn't even bother to go to the mini playland and just clung to me, lied himself down on my body and rest while Abby, she has been a good gal, she knew her brother was sick and she didn't disturb him.
 
Sleeping on my chest while waiting for his turn to see the Paed.
 
When the Paed meansured Ian's temperature, it was 39 degree celcius and Doctor said gotta insert the medicine into his buttock for quick fever subsiding..Then, Doctor checked on Ian and informed there could be possibility for dengue..if the fever didn't subside by tomorrow morning, we need to bring him back for blood test.
 
I didn't sleep well that night as I woke up 3-4 times to monitor his temperature..but thank God, Ian slept well till about 6.50am, he made some noise and woke me up..I checked on his temperature again and yes, his fever came back..I quickly fed him the medicine and will bring him for blood test later..
 
Hubby went with us..we dropped Abby to the Kindy before heading to the clinic..at this point, Ian's fever had subsided but for safety purpose, we shall let him take the blood test and Ian was quite brave, despite all the crying, the process was smooth..and we shall know the result in the evening.
 
When we reached home, Ian continued to be restless and just clung on me all the times..Thanks to my sister in-law for picking Abby from Kindy and sent her home..Ian's fever subsided again but came back in the evening..Somehow or rather, I kinda preferred him to be sick..at least he won't be so active, running here and ther ein the house, disturbing you etc..but of course I pray to God that both my kids will be healthy all the time!
 
He could stilll eat his favourite cornflakes and watched cartoon when he was in a better mood.
Just received a call from the Paed and thank God, the result was negative, ie, no sign of dengue, just a normal viral infection and Ian gotta fight it with his own antibody..I still need to monitor him as the fever will go up and down at least for 2-3 days..Gosh, which means, sleepless nights for me again! You may also read this on my sleepless nights with Abby admitted to hospital!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment