Tuesday 30 April 2013

Chocolate Cake 巧克力蛋糕

29.4.13 (Mon)
Recently, I have been baking cakes..and I faced one small problem..each time when the cake is out of the oven, the top surface of the cake will shrink and go out of shape..Then, I think I knew what is the main cause so I decided to bake a chocolate cake today to see if I am right..and this time, the cake was successful.



Ingredients
Cake
4 egg yolks
45g caster sugar (for yolks)
4 egg whites
45g caster sugar (for whites)
50g vegetable oil
50g water
1/2 tsp baking powder
75g self raising flour (sifted)
15g cocoa powder

Chocolate ganache
200g semisweet or dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
180ml whipping cream
28g butter
You may also refer here for the youtube clips.

Method
1. Cake - Mix egg yolks, sugar, vegetable oil and water well. Fold in flour and cocoa powder. In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites and sugar till stiff peak. Fold in egg yolks mixture. Pour into cake mould and bake for 25-30min, 160 degree celcius.

2. Chocolate ganache - please refer to the link above.

3. Assembly - Cut the cake into half. Spread chocolate ganche on on epiece of cake. Place the other piece of cake on top and topped up with the remaining chocolate ganache. Chill in the refrigerator before served.

I wanted to try out the cake decorative tools..so I made some whipped cream, and started to decorate the cake..then, as I was cracking my head on what should I write on top of the cake..TINK..since its election fever lately, so I wrote "Ini Kalilah"..lol! Pray that the GE13 will be carry out smoothly, clean, fair and most importantly, we shall see a new government rising!





No comments:

Post a Comment