Tuesday 30 April 2013

Abby's first singing competition

28.4.13 (Sun)
Finally came the day..Abby's first singing competition, organised by Butterworth Chinese Methodist Church, Sunday School (SS) Primary Department..(I am one of the organiser)
 
Since Abby likes to sing, so I enrolled her name as one of the contestants..This was the first time SS having a singing competition..response wasn't really good as we only have 6 contestants..ranging from age 4-9, Abby being the youngest..
 
I started training Abby one month ago, singing her favourite song, 耶稣爱我 (Jesus loves me)..She sang really well, with actions and sometimes, funny expressions..Hubby made a bet with me, he thinks that Abby might 'chicken out' last minute and refuse to sing on the actual day..whoever win, get RM10!
 
Abby was the No. 5 contestant to sing..When her name was called, she slowly walked to the front and getting ready to sing..but i think due to some noises made by the crowd, esp those children, she really got 'chicken out' and ran to me..I encouraged her to sing by standing beside her..thank God, she sang but without actions..(what a pity, else she might have a strong chance of being one of the top 3)..Anyhow, Hubby & I were proud of her and hopefully, event like this will help to train her to be more confident! And, I won RM10 from Hubby..hehe!

She was excited and happy to receive the trophy (innocent gal, to her, trophy is a BIG present)
 
Abby's singing on the actual day
 
Practicing at home

No comments:

Post a Comment