Sunday 21 April 2013

Mango Cream Cake 芒果忌廉蛋糕

20.4.13 (Sat)
Few days ago, I went to pasar pagi and walked passed a fruit stall..I was attracted by the mangoes and saw that the price was reasonable, so I bought 3 mangoes for RM4.50..Immediately, I knew what I wanna do with the mangoes..hehe




 

Ingredients
Sponge cake
4 egg yolks
45g caster sugar (for yolks)
50g vegetable oil
50g water
90g soft flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 egg whites
45g caster sugar (for whites)

Filling
200g whipped cream
Some diced mangoes

Method
1. Cake - Beat egg yolks, caster sugar until fluffy. Add in vegetable oil and water. Fold flour into the batter. In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites and caster sugar to stiff peak. Pour into egg yolks mixture and stir well. Pour into cake mould. Bake at 160 degree celcius for 25-30 mins..Let it cooled on the wire rack.

2. Filling - Combine all ingredients together

3. Assembly - Slice sponge cake into half. Place one slice of cake and spread with cream. Place with diced mangoes. Place another piece of cake on top. Spread cream on the surface and place diced mangoes. Glaze on top.

It took me less than an hour to bake the cake..However, I still faced challenges applying the cream on the cake..gotta work on that and hopefully it would get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment